Muckleroy House

In 1901, William Boggs (W.B.) Muckleroy married Miss Lucy Drake and in May 1913 they purchased this home from the builder, the Edwards-Elliott Lumber Co. Mr. Muckleroy was a funeral director and undertaker. The funeral home was located at the corner of Nash and Frances (in those days spelled Francis) in what is now known as the Masonic Building. The funeral home horses were kept in stables at the back of the property. During the Depression, Mr. Muckleroy fell on hard times and the property was sold at public auction to Mr. John C. Patton in 1931. It remained in the Patton family for 68 years.


500 1st St, Terrell, TX 75160