This home was originally constructed in 1883. The 7,000 square foot house was built for Matthew Cartwright and his wife, Mary Davenport Cartwright. Constructed of yellow pine and cypress, this home originally had no plumbing or electricity. Although it was built during the Victorian era, it is considered a traditional hybrid of Revival and Second Empire styles. It is on both the National Registry of Historic Places and the Texas National Register of Historic Places.
505 Griffith Ave, Terrell, TX 75160