500 Griffith Avenue
This beautifully restored Craftsman home was originally built circa 1915 by Thomas Manley Brittain for his bride Miss Ludie C. Cartwright, formerly of San Augustine, Texas, and daughter of Mr. Lon Cartwright. Mr. Cartwright gave them the property as a wedding gift. In 1929, a fire started in the furnace destroying the then two-story home except for the concrete basement. Using the original basement as the foundation, like the Phoenix rising from the ashes, the house was rebuilt as the one-story building it is today. The Brittains remained in the home until Mrs. Brittain passed away in 1970.
500 Griffith Ave, Terrell, TX 75160